iON Nylon Alloy™ by 3DXTech
iOn™ is an engineering grade material that can be used in demanding applications where PLA and ABS fail due to shortcomings in mechancial, thermal, or chemical performance. Select iOn™ Nylon Alloy when you want to create parts that focus on functionality, not just fit and finish. Manufactured in the USA from virgin resins selected specifically for 3D Printing. We use state-of-the-art resins, colorants, manufacturing technologies to give you the best possible printing experience.
Filament diameter specs:
- 1.75mm, +/- 0.05mm
- 2.85mm, +/- 0.05mm
- True Alloy (not a blend), single Tg
- Higher Thermal Resistance vs. ABS
- Superior Impact Strength vs. ABS
- Improved Solvent Resistance vs. ABS
- Low-Gloss Surface
- Excellent Fatigue Resistance
- Lower Friction/Wear
- Paintable Surface
- Excellent Printability
iOn™ Nylon Alloy has improved chemical resistance vs. ABS. This creates wider opportunities for prototyping demanding applications in a number of industries.
iOn™ Nylon Alloy Chemical Resistance Chart
Suitable for use on practically ANY desktop 3D Printer that has a heated bed, including Airwolf, Ultimaker, Makerbot, Makergear, Prinrbot, Reprap, Mendel, Prusa, Up! Printers, Solidoodle as well as many more.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 240-260°C (ideal layer bonding at 250-260°C), or hotter if you have an all-metal hot-end. However, do not exceed 300°C to avoid the onset of polymer degradation.
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Ideally use Polyimide Tape & ABS/Acetone Slurry [together] or any surface you've been using with nylon-based filaments. Please note that acetone has difficulty dissolving iOn™ and standard ABS should be used to make the slurry.
- Drying: iOn™ is an alloy of Nylon therefore absorbs more moisture that what you may be familiar with. If the filament is stored in humid environments for an extended period of time - it will absorb moisture. While not in use, we recommend storing iOn™ in the Mylar pouch that comes with the filament. However, if drying is needed (you hear popping noises during printing - generally water boiling off from the resin), then we recommend drying in an oven at 175°F (F, not C) for 2-4 hours. We use a dedicated oven for this purpose and do not recommend using the family oven!! Try a toaster oven - your family will thank you for not turning dinner into a science experiment.
You can purchase whole spools/reels/coils from these suppliers.
Middle East -
United Kingdom - 3D FilaPrint
USA - 3DXTech
Note: All filament weights include packaging. Average weight for 5 metres of 1.75mm filament (without packaging) is 15 gms and 5 metres of 3mm filament is 35 gms.
Samples are shipped in a clear resealable bag, with a small sachet of silica gel.
Manufacturer recommended printer temperatures.
Extrusion Temp: 240ºC - 245ºC
Platform Temp: 110ºC
Platform Materials: Kapton Tape with ABS/Acetone Slurry
Please note, the above temperatures are only a guide.
Are you a filament manufacturer? Would you like us to advertise and promote your filament here on GlobalFSD? Then drop us a line and contact name and we will get back to you within 24 hours firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a filament reseller? You can be one of just five Resellers from each region or country, displayed on this product listing. Contact email@example.com for more information.
A 5 Metre sample of 3DXNano™ ESD PETG by 3DXTech. Carbon Nanotube (CNT) enhanced compounds are used in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. A superior conductive filament that raises the 3D Filament bar to yet another level.£3.60View Item