MORE THAN THE BASE
HIPS filament is a base in both meanings of this word: its properties allow it to be used as a basic filament and also as a support for other materials.
Using it in printing will give you a light and good-looking print with a matt surface. You can polish it and even coat it with acrylic paint. This allows each model or miniature to look very tasteful.
You can also decide to use it as a supporting material for prints that have large overhangs or non-standard shapes. You just need to immerse the print in D-limonene after this. It will dissolve the HIPS, leaving only the proper print.
- COSTUMES OR THEIR ELEMENTS: masks, parts of costumes, helmets
- MODELING: mock-ups, figures
- PROTOTYPES: durable and lightweight elements
- DECORATIVE ELEMENTS: decorations, hanging elements, lamps
- JOINING WITH OTHER FILAMENTS: support for other prints
- lighter than other materials
- matt surface
- soluble in D-limonene
- can be polished, glued and covered with acrylic paint
How to print?
- print temperature: 230-245°C
- temperature inside the chamber: recommended 80°C
- bed temperature: recommended 80-100°C
- can be used as a base or supporting material