CarbonX™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced Co-Polyester Filament.
Made in the USA using premium PETG and High-Modulus Carbon Fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). CarbonX™ CFR is an improved CF reinforced 3D printing filament vs. the competition. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, light weight, and ease of printing.
CarbonX™ CFR PETG is suitable for use in practically any desktop 3D Printer that has a heated bed. Please note - carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. We recommend Hardened Steel Nozzles when using CFR.
Benefits of CarbonX™ CFR-PETG include:
- Superior Chemical Resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous: Low and near isotropic shrinkage
- Low moisture absorption: 3X lower vs. ABS
- Very low odor emitted during printing
- Wide processing range: 230 - 270°C
Chemical Resistance: Unstressed tensile bars molded of PETG exhibit good resistance to dilute aqueous solutions of mineral acids, bases, salts, and soaps, and to aliphatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, and a variety of oils. Halogenated hydrocarbons, short chain length ketones, and aromatic hydrocarbons dissolve or swell the plastic.
New Data: We updated the mechanical and thermal data on our carbon fiber grades. You can see the new data HERE on our blog.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: Ideally 230 to 260°C
- Platform Temp: 70 to 90°C
- Platform Prep: Clean glass w/ Kapton Tape, PVA-based glue, Hairspray
- Nozzle: We currently recommend minimum 0.40mm orifice.
- Carbon fiber filament is more abrasive than unfilled materials, so extended use will result in more wear on your nozzle