3DXSTAT™ ESD PETG is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind - 3DXTech starts with premium PETG resin and then compounded according to a proprietary formulation of multi-wall carbon nanotubes and process / dispersion modifiers - giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ ESD-PETG include:
- Superior Chemical Resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous: Low and near isotropic shrinkage
- Low moisture absorption: 3X lower vs. ABS
- Very low odor emitted during printing
- Superior ductility vs. ABS
- Wide processing range: 230 - 260°C
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Chemical Resistance: Unstressed tensile bars molded of PETG exhibit good resistance to dilute aqueous solutions of mineral acids, bases, salts, and soaps, and to aliphatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, and a variety of oils. Halogenated hydrocarbons, short chain length ketones, and aromatic hydrocarbons dissolve or swell the plastic.
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
Target conductivity for 3DXSTAT™ ESD PETG:
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application. However, please do not exceed 270°C to reduce the risk of polymer degradation.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: Ideally 230 to 260°C
- Platform Temp: 60 to 90°C
- Platform Prep: Clean glass w/ Kapton Tape, PVA-based glue, Hairspray
- Raft: We recommended printing without a raft or using another filament such as ABS or HIPS for easy release. Additionally, we recommend allowing the print to cool before attempting to remove it from the build platform. PETG sticks very well and you may deform the part if you attempt to remove it before the part has completely cooled. We swap out build plates to increase print times.
You can read a thorough review of the 3DXTECH ESD PETG by Ian Hiscock by clicking the PDF icon below.
You can purchase whole spools/reels/coils from these suppliers.
Middle East -
United Kingdom - 3D FilaPrint
USA - 3DXTECH
Note: All filament weights include packaging. Average weight for 5 metres of 1.75mm filament (without packaging) is 15 gms and 5 metres of 3mm filament is 35 gms.
Samples are shipped in a clear resealable bag, with a small sachet of silica gel.
Manufacturer recommended printer temperatures.
Extrusion Temp: 250ºC - 255ºC
Platform Temp: 23ºC - 105ºC
Platform Materials: Kapton Tape
Please note, the above temperatures are only a guide.
Are you a filament manufacturer? Would you like us to advertise and promote your filament here on GlobalFSD? Then drop us a line and contact name and we will get back to you within 24 hours email@example.com
Are you a filament reseller? You can be one of five Resellers from each region or country, displayed on this product listing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.