Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm. Compare to Stratasys® ABS-ESD7 in performance and price and you'll never go back! Works great in Dimension and Fortus Stratasys printers using the M30, P400, or P430 chip.
3DXSTAT™ ESD ABS is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind - 3DXTech starts with MG-94 Premium ABS (same resin as P430, M30) and then compounded according to a proprietary formulation of multi-wall carbon nanotubes and process / dispersion modifiers - giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ include:
- Consistent and reliable surface resistance
- Improved retention of impact & elongation vs. similiar ESD-safe materials
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
Target conductivity for 3DXSTAT™ ESD ABS:
- 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some 3D printing trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 220 - 240°C (desktop printers). 3DXSTAT™ ESD ABS is a filled product and has a higher melt viscosity vs. unfilled ABS. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to print at higher temperatures to allow the resin to flow properly.
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Kapton Polyimide Tape, ABS/Acetone Slurry
Health & Safety
- Please download and read the MSDS for this product.
- Please print in a well-ventilated area.
- This product contains multi-wall carbon nanotubes (CNTs). The CNTs contained in this product are fully encapsulated in the polymer matrix and do not migrate out of the product during handling or processing.
- We do not recommend that users sand, drill, or perform other mechanical operations on this polymer that may cause particulates of polymer and CNT to become airborne. Moisture (i.e., wet sanding) eliminates this dust / particulate risk.
- Do not exceed 260°C extruder temperature. This polymer is thermally stable at temperatures above 255°C, however this temperature limit will help assure that polymer degradation does not become an issue.
You can purchase whole spools/reels/coils from these suppliers.
Middle East -
United Kingdom - 3D FilaPrint
USA - 3DXTech
Note: All filament weights include packaging. Average weight for 5 metres of 1.75mm filament (without packaging) is 15 gms and 5 metres of 3mm filament is 35 gms.
Samples are shipped in a clear resealable bag, with a small sachet of silica gel.
Manufacturer recommended printer temperatures.
Extrusion Temp: 240ºC - 245ºC
Platform Temp: 110ºC
Platform Materials: Kapton Tape with ABS/Acetone Slurry
Please note, the above temperatures are only a guide.
Are you a filament manufacturer? Would you like us to advertise and promote your filament here on GlobalFSD? Then drop us a line and contact name and we will get back to you within 24 hours firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a filament reseller? You can be one of just five Resellers from each region or country, displayed on this product listing. Contact email@example.com for more information.